Sustainability at EL&N
EL&N is very passionate about protecting the environment. We are constantly reviewing the different ways we can reduce our footprint through waste reduction and recycling.
From sourcing through to production, we are dedicated to having a positive social and environmental impact through the initiatives we lead.
Ensuring that we operate to the highest ethical standards in relation to
- Environmental sustainability
- Organic options & healthy eating
- Waste reduction
On our menus
- Sourcing local ingredients from milk to meat products
- We use free-range Burford Brown eggs in all our sites
- Fish is from sustainable sources only (MCS Grade 3 or lower)
- Combined distribution and deliveries reduces food miles
- Where possible we use fully recyclable or compostable packaging and reduce or recycle all waste including food waste wherever practical
- Auditing all our sites to ensure they maintain the highest standards of sustainable food use and waste reduction
- As well as our own sites, we ensure that all our suppliers also adhere to these standards and audit them against the same criteria
- We design all our foods and menus throughout the business in-line with our existing healthier catering commitment accreditations
Our retail line places sustainability at the forefront with a range of reusable products designed to help our customers reduce waste everyday.
From reusable flasks to cups, bottles and tote bags we have the perfect accessories to help combat your environmental impact.
We also sell 100% compostable coffee pods as part of our range of coffee products.
Small batch coffee
All EL&N Coffee is small batch roasted to ensure our head roaster can personally oversee the quality of the roasting and beans. All coffee is roasted fresh to order meaning less waste and an omtimum flavour.
Why we use small batch, speciality coffee...
- We have more control over the quality, consistency and flavour - all our coffee is scored above 80 for quality, purity and flavour.
- All coffee comes from small holdings and natural habitats that use sustainable and organic farming and harvesting methods.
- Maintaining direct relationships and trading between farmers and roasters means we have traceability of our product.
- Transparency of trading with the farmers and maintaining a fair price means longer lasting trading relationships.